1. How do you advertise your vacancies? We start the marketing process at the time we receive the notice to vacate from your resident. We will put an eye catching signs on your property giving rental prospects access to our services. Approximately 1 out of 4 prospects come to us from signage at the property.EverStar Realty proactively markets vacancies by whatever means that have proven effective, including ads in the Tri City Herald and online classifieds. Because of our reputation many prospects routinely contact our office for a list of our vacancies.
2. How do you screen applicants? We require a detailed written application and 2 forms of identifications from each adult. We will also verify employment, income levels and past rental history. No applicant is approved until Tenant has been fully qualified in accordance with our rental criteria.
3. Who pays for repairs to vacancies? After the move-out inspection, we will determine who is responsible to pay the expenses to bring the property back to the condition it was in prior to the resident moving in. We are allowed by law to charge the resident’s deposit for rent, damages above normal wear and tear, and cleaning. We want you to know that we consider this an important time in the management cycle, and we will protect your interests.
4. When will I get my report and check? Owners are mailed a comprehensive report, on or about the 25th of the month.
5. Who handles problems late at night? Our 24 Hour Hotline will take the residents call and page the supervisor on call. We will then talk with the resident to determine how to proceed. Many times we solve a problem over the phone or by simply calling one of our vendors that we have access to 24 hours a day.
6. How do you handle Security Deposits? When your tenant vacates, we will provide all required accounting of the tenant’s security deposit within the time legally allotted. If there are damages they will be deducted from the security deposit.
7. Are your prices competitive? Our management fees are very competitive and reflect our expertise and commitment to excellent service. The company with the lowest fees is not always the better choice. Poor management can have a very high cost.
8. Why should I choose EverStar Realty? Since we apply an owner/operator approach to management, we perform better than a traditional “property management” company. Our perspective on operations is different and you will see that in everything we do here at EverStar Realty.